All-you-can-stamp Christmas Card Buffet - £6.00

Friday 4 May 2012

Blurred Vision Technique

Hello Everybody!

I love stamps that I can colour in.  And there are a few sets in the new Summer Mini catalogue that are perfect for this. I think my favourite is Bordering on Romance that I've just acquired.

Sometimes though, I can be very lazy. I want to use my line drawn images, but I can't be bothered to colour them in.  This is where the "Blurred Vision" Technique comes in!


The image on this card is from the Bordering on Romance set.  I stamped it onto Confetti Cream cardstock. I prefer to use that for this technique as it has a more "rustic" look to it. The image was stamped with Soft Suede ink, but you can use any of the water based Classic ink pads to suit your colour scheme.

You then either take a blender pen or a watercolour brush and gently go over the lines, smudging the ink to make a softer outline and a more "blurred vision" look to the image. Once I was happy with how blurred I'd made it, I inked the edges with Soft Suede to blend in with the artwork and give a more aged, vintage feel.

The image was then matted onto Soft Suede and Pink Pirouette cardstock. The patterned paper I used is from the Beau Chateau range of Designer Series Paper. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and stamped onto a banner cut from the Petal Cone Bigz L Die. The card was finished off with a few butterflies from my all time favourite Embosslits die - Beautiful Wings. I hope you like this card and have a go at the Blurred Vision technique!

Card recipe:

Stamp sets - Bordering on Romance #125482, Teeny Tiny Wishes #115370
Cardstock - Pink Pirouette #116203, Soft Suede #119982, Confetti Cream #106558, Very Vanilla #106550
Ink - Soft Suede #115657
DSP - Beau Chateau #122357
Embellishment - Pearls #119247
Embosslits Die - Beautiful Wings #118138
Bigz L Die - Petal Cone #121810

TFL! Joanne x

3 comments:

Anniebygaslight said...

gorgeous

Helen said...

this is such a pretty card - and a technique that I must try. Thank you for showing it x

Helen said...

Cool technique! One I'd never heard of