All-you-can-stamp Christmas Card Buffet - £6.00

Wednesday 30 January 2013

Glimmer Paper - not just for Christmas!

Hi Everybody!


This is the technique I was going to do at our crop last Saturday, but unfortunately I was snowed in and the crop had to be cancelled.  

I promised everyone I would get it up on my blog, so here it is at last!

Basically, it's a wonderful technique that can open up all sorts of possibilites with our Glimmer Paper - you can colour it!

The butterfly above is made using the Sizzix Bigz Beautiful Butterflies die. I then took my Pretty in Pink ink pad and sponged it all over - the glimmer paper holds it!  Some people prefer to use an aqua painter to do this step, but I find it goes a bit splotchy. I found a piece of sponge worked much better. 

I then did the same thing with Early Espresso ink, but this time just inked around the edges.

Another good thing about our Glimmer Paper, if you spend £150 during Saleabration, you get a pack of Glimmer Paper free.  Why not get a few friends together, order £150 of product between you and then split the Glimmer Paper pack? You get two sheets of 12x12 paper, so plenty to go round just a few of you!  

The card was made using Crumb Cake cardstock, layered with a piece of DSP from our new Tea for Two collection (due in the new Spring/Summer catty), and the Ex Libris background stamp.  The ribbon is also new and in our new Spring/Summer catty, and the sentiment is from Friendly Phrases. the whole thing is finished off with a few rhinestones. 

TFL! Joanne x-

No comments: