All-you-can-stamp Christmas Card Buffet - £6.00

Saturday 15 September 2012

A Stamp Set is for Life.....


Hello Everybody and welcome to my lastest favourite stamp set!  This set is called Watercolour Winter and is available in the new Autumn/Winter Catalogue.

As you can see it has some beautiful images that can be used as a 2-step stamping system - whereby you stamp the main image then stamp the line drawn image over the top to add definition.  You can also use the line drawn images on their own and colour them in. 

But it doesn't stop there. Being from Yorkshire, I like value for money, and I like a stamp set that will earn it's keep! With that in mind, I thought I'd have a play and see what else I could do with this set beyond Christmas. Here's what I've done so far.


 This first card I made is using the pine branch from the set.  With that image in mind, I wanted to try to create something more masculine looking which could be used for a birthday card or something generic that could be used for any occasion.  I got the idea from this beautiful card made by Tami White.

The background is made with Early Espresso Core'dinations cardstock and the Woodgrain embossing folder. This was then sanded to reveal more of the woodgrain.  The pine branch was stamped onto cream Confetti cardstock in Lucky Limeade and Early Espresso. The sentiment is from the Curly Cute stamp set.  The leaves are made in Cajun Craze, More Mustard and Lucky Limeade, folded and put through the Woodgrain embossing folder to get the texture. The whole thing is mounted on a Lucky Limeade card base and finished off with one of the new Brushed Bronze Designer Buttons and twine.


The next card is made using the main body of the pointsettia flower.  My Mum had a beautiful clematis plant in her garden which is a similar shape this flower stamp.  The technique I used for this card is the baby wipe technique. I inked baby wipes with Daffodil Delight, Wisteria Wonder and Elegant Eggplant inks, then stamped on a piece of Whisper White cardstock. I stamped three separately and cut them out. The sentiment is from the Hopeful Thoughts set and this was mounted onto the Labels Collection Framelits. The whole thing was mounted onto another Lucky Limeade card base (my latest favourite colour, as you can see!) and finished with a Whisper White Organza Ribbon bow and a couple of rhinestones.

Hope you like them and always remember - think outside the box with your stamp sets!

TFL! Joanne x

No comments: